Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Is Prayer Your Last Resort?

by - 07:00:00

 
When you're faced with a challenge what do you do first? When you have a problem, a conflict or a need to solve or meet what do you do first? Do you worry and then become overwhelmed with fear? Are you usually afraid? Do you pick the phone to call family and friends whom you think can be of help?

For sometime now the Lord has been teaching me to trust in Him. He is teaching me to go to Him first with my worries, to trust Him to take care of my problems for me. If you are like me the first thing you do when there is an issue or need is to pick up the phone and call family and friends you think maybe of help.


There are times that even as I pick up the phone to call I'd feel a little nudge from the Holy Spirit to pray but I usually ignore it or say "I'll pray after I finish with the call." Then I'll call one person after the other. After the calls I'd  pray and boy, God moves and takes care of everything for me. It's God who always pushes throw for me. He knows exactly what to do every time to resolve every issue.

The people I call usually fail to be of any help. I believe this happens so I'll learn to go to God first. When you're in a hard place or have problems or conflicts, pray. Commit it to God in prayer and trust Him to take care of it all. As you trust Him He'll show or tell you what to do. However there are times He will tell you to be still. This means that you don't have to do anything else aside from praying and trusting him.

This is usually  difficult to do since we feel if we don't do something the issue will not be resolved. However the best thing to do this time is to be reminded of His love and trust that He works all things out for your good. Perfect love casts us all fear and so see His perfect love for you.

When you're worried pray. When you're afraid trust in Him. Don't be stressed give him all your burdens and find rest. It is possible to find rest in the mist of the storms when you have Him with you.
 
GOD’s PROMISES
Php 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. NLT
Deuteronomy 31:6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you."
Do you pray first when you have a problem or need to make a decision?

You May Also Like

0 comments