Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Pitch Perfect: Broadening Your Horizon

by - 15:00:00

Google images

Most people are scared of change. They get all worked up and uncomfortable at the mere thought of change. They always drive the same way to work, dress in the same style, go to the same restaurant and bar, use the same cologne and even paste. They go about their activities in the same mechanical way without change. I agree sticking to what we know and are used to is safe and reduces risk and disappointment. Although this makes us comfortable it also limits you and limits your experiences and horizon. 

You need to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You could drive through a different route to work, try out a new dish or listen to classical music. Watch a movie or read a book in a different genre than you normally do. Take a break from your routine and do something fun and new for a change. It might change your perspective of life forever. You will be surprised by what you'll learn and how much fun you would have. 

Growing up I discovered a love for books. I spent more hours reading than hanging out with friends. I could have stopped at just reading but I decided to try my hands at writing. I started with poetry although I hadn't read much poetry at the time. I felt it was shorter and so I began to put my feelings into words. I found out that I loved to write and a couple of years later here we are. You're reading this blog because that is what my writing has evolved into. You'll never know how many lives you can impact because of that new hobby or activity you pick up. 

This is greatly illustrated in the 2012 movie Pitch Perfect. In the movie Becca who initially solely focuses on her passion and dream to be a DJ, agrees to her father's challenge to join a club and make new friends. As she joins an all female a Capella she comes to realize her love for a Capella. She enjoys herself and confronts her demons. She becomes changed by this experience. Her horizon is broadened and her life is enriched. Aubrey Posen  gets to win the finals when she also lets go of tradition and tries out new song arrangements. We all need change!
 
Variety they say, "is the spice of life." Spice up your life and broaden your horizon by trying out new activities. Volunteer or get involved in a project aimed at giving back to humanity. Try new ways of performing your duties or of doing things. Explore and live life as God will have you do. You were made for so much more.
Don't keep share with your friends and let me know what you think.

You May Also Like

0 comments