Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

If God was Santa

by - 15:08:00

God, Santa Claus, Christmas
I love Christmas and I always have since I was a kid. The holiday ambiance is great. The holiday lights, Christmas trees, holiday shopping, holiday decoration, music, the food, getting to see family and friends…. I could go on and on about why I love Christmas.

Growing up, I loved how we always travelled 16 hours just to spend time with my granny. I loved seeing all our extended family coming together for a family gathering every year! Now, we don’t get to make that 16 hour journey anymore because granny went to be with the Lord in my second year at the university. Looks like I got all caught up in reminiscing.  So let's go to today’s post…

If God was Santa

 I loved Santa Claus is coming to Town when I was young. I sang along whenever it was played on radio, TV or when we put on the Christmas carol DVD. But I just heard it a couple of days ago and it got me thinking. One verse stood out to me

He’s making a list
And checking it twice
Gonna find out who’s naughty and nice
Santa Claus is coming to town

This part of the song brought to mind how sometimes we confuse God with Santa. Kids really believe that they have to be good so they can get a gift from Santa on Christmas day. Sadly, many Christians act the same way with God. They live as though the blessings of God are dependent on their good behaviour. They feel as if  God is taking records of their bad deeds and keeping them so that He can punish them. 

When they face trials and hardships, they see it as a punishment from God. Some even believe that God gives them chronic sicknesses to punish them and teach them lessons.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5(KJV)

God is light and in Him is no darkness hence He can’t use sickness to punish you or discipline you. Jesus came to heal the sick and set captives free so why would God do the opposite after Jesus paid the ultimate price?

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38 (KJV)

God, Santa, Christmas

God isn’t Santa

God isn’t out to get you and isn’t holding grudges against you. He doesn’t bless you because you have been good but because you’re His child and Jesus has ransomed you. You can trust that He will not withhold from you His blessings. You only have to position yourself to receive them. Look at God through the mirror of His words not your thoughts or your experiences.

God is a Good God

God is a good God who loves you. Renew your mind with the word of God and position yourself to receive all His goodness. Don’t let your thoughts and experiences blind you. See through the eyes of love and silence the bad thoughts in your mind.  Be intentional, focus on His word and trust Him. 

Open your heart and receive God's goodness this Christmas. Focus on Him and watch all things become possible to you. If God was Santa, what do you think would happen?

You May Also Like

0 comments