Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Does God Use Illness or Disease to Discipline Believers?

by - 00:08:00

Does God use illness or disease to discipline Believers?
Do you find yourself in constant pain? Are you in and out of the hospital more times than you would want? Do you suffer from a chronic disease? Do you feel that God is using illness or disease to discipline you? Do you feel your ailment is a punishment from God? There was a time in the past when I felt like this.
During this time, I was always sick with one illness or another.  Prior to this, I was a very healthy teenager who rarely got sick but my final year in high school changed everything. I stopped being healthy and became sick.
I remember, feeling so awful that I felt God was punishing me for something I had done or was teaching me a lesson with my illness. My parents took me to the doctors who put me on many meds. I got better after several months but even at the university I easily fell ill.
And like how some perceive illness, I thought God was either punishing me or using my ill health to discipline me. I felt, I just had to endure it, take my meds and learn to see and know what He wanted me too. Have you ever thought likewise? Do you feel you're ill because it's the Lord's will for you?
If you do just like I did, then I want to tell you that you're wrong. I carried these thoughts for years until my third year in the university when I got to understand the word of God. I found out that I didn't have to be sick though sometimes I may feel sick. I found out that sicknesses do not come from God and that Jesus bore all my illnesses when He was whipped! Glory! What happy day that was when I got this revelation! I was set free from the enemy who wanted me to believe contrary to what the Word of God says.
God’s Will for Your Health
The prophet Isaiah speaks of God's will concerning our health in the Old Testament.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5, KJV 
This was fulfilled in the New Testament when Jesus came to heal and set free all those oppressed by the enemy.
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Acts 10:38, KJV  
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24, KJV
God Doesn’t Use Disease to Discipline You
God is light in Him is no darkness and so God can't use something Jesus came to destroy to teach you a lesson or punish you. It's time to know the heart of God concerning your health and stop feeding on the lies of the enemy. I don't recall any place in the New Testament where sickness was described as a tool used by God. See sickness for what it really is and get treated by the word and/or medication. There are two ways you get sick either through demonic activities or natural causes such as when your body breaks down due to fatigue or from some harmful habits.
God won't use the tool of the enemy to punish you because He is light and doesn't operate with darkness. All His promises are ye and amen. God loves you and wants you to be healed and live in divine health.
Does God allow sickness? Share your thoughts, I would love to connect with you.

You May Also Like

0 comments