Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Learning to Trust Again

by - 01:28:00

For with God there shall be nothing that is impossible; Faith
2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. (NKJV)
The Promises of God are yes and amen
Today, I had one of those days that God totally pulls the floor out from under you. Well, literally if you get what I mean. There I was so pumped up about how I had so much faith and had grown so much in trusting God over these couple of months.
However, as I read Smith Wigglesworth’s book, On Prayer, Power and Miracles, God drew my attention to something I hadn’t noticed, a little more about that later in the post. Let me share with you what the Lord ministered to me as I read this book.
God has one requirement that we relate to Him by faith. In order to have a relationship with Him we need faith to accept His love. It is not about obeying rules and regulations but to have faith in Him. The Bible tells us this in Hebrews 11:6;
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
God is faith. So as the Lord pointed out this to me I was like “Well…, I already know….” Then, He pointed out to me how we sometimes confuse zeal with faith.
You can have zeal without faith
This happens quite often to many believers with me included. Sometimes we confuse zeal with faith. In Acts 12, Peter was imprisoned by Herod. After his imprisonment, the believers prayed constantly for his release, I believe.
Acts 12:5 Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church.
Though they had the zeal to pray for Peter they lacked faith. They didn’t believe that the Lord would set him free.
Peter is set free by an angel
Peter is set free by an angel and goes to the meeting place of the believers. He knocks on the door. Rhoda, the little girl who answers the door, is so excited when she hears Peter’s voice and in her excitement, she forgets to open the door to let him in. These believers who constantly prayed for Peter couldn’t believe Rhoda’s report that Peter was at the door. It sounded impossible to them! They tried to explain this away and even said it must be Peter’s angel at the door! Quite interesting, right? Had they not been praying for his release? Didn’t they ask God to protect him from Herod? So, why did they react in disbelief to the news that he was at the door? They had zeal but not faith. Do you find yourself sometimes doing this? I know I do.

Zacharias had zeal not faith
This is once again illustrated with Zacharias. Zacharias and Elizabeth, his wife, had spent years praying and believing God for a child but though he had zeal, he lacked faith. When God sends an angel to announce to Zacharias, that God had answered his prayers, he didn’t accept this news with gladness but scepticism. He had zeal without faith and therefore doubted the words of the angel and in effect God! Due to his unbelief he was made dumb until the birth of his son, John.
Anything is possible: Faith
Do you have zeal or faith?
Mary, the mother of Jesus, had both faith and zeal
Mary, on the other hand, believed the message of the angel. She trusted in the power of God to make her pregnant by His Spirit. She believed that God was capable of doing what He had said He would do.  
Luke 1:37-38 "For with God nothing will be impossible." Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.
Rather than doubt, Mary chose to believe.
Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."
Because of her faith, God’s word came to pass in her life. Believe that God can bring to pass what He has said about your life. It is never too late with God. Believe that with God all things are possible.
This insight into zeal and faith really rocked by world. It made me analyse my life and what I found was not so good. I realised that most of the time I had zeal but not faith with regard to the word of God spoken over my life through prophecy. I realised that as these words took longer to manifest, my faith diminished. I also prayed with zeal concerning some big things I was believing God for but I realised I was acting just like the believers in Acts 12. I didn’t really trust that the Lord would answer my prayers.
Thank God for this reminder today! I can absolutely trust Him to fulfil His words concerning my life for with God there is nothing that is impossible, all things are possible. Thank God also that His words assures us that all things are ours and that He shall give us all things.

My faith is built up to ask God for greater things and expect them to be answered! Are you ready to trust Him, adding to your zeal faith? What are you trusting and believing the Lord for? Share in the comment section and let’s stand with each other in prayer.

You May Also Like

0 comments