Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

16 Scripture Promises to Remember When You are Afraid

by - 22:00:00

How to deal with fear and anxiety

We are daily bombarded with bad news everywhere we turn. News channels carry mainly bad news. The news of terrorist attacks, wars, storms, earthquakes, famines, shootings, kidnappings etc. are streamed 24/7. These can cause fear to take hold of us if we allow it. In order to deal with fear, you have to stay your eyes on the word of God. Remember these 16 scriptures when you are afraid.

1. Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

2. John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

3. Isaiah 8:11-12
For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying. Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.

4. Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

5. Romans 8:15 CEB
You didn’t receive a spirit of slavery to lead you back again into fear, but you received a Spirit that shows you are adopted as his children. With this Spirit, we cry, “Abba, Father.”
6. Proverbs 3:21 -24

My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

7. Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

8. Hebrews 13:6
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Fear, God

9. Psalm 118:6-7
The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me. The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

10. Psalm 34:7
The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him,

11. Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.and delivereth them.

12. Isaiah 43:1
But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

13. Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything; but under all circumstances, by prayer and entreaty joined with thanksgiving, make your needs known to God. TCNT

14. 2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

15. Joshua 1:9
Have I not given you your orders? Take heart and be strong; have no fear and do not be troubled; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go, BBE

16. Luke 12:22-26
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

Meditate on these scriptures when you are afraid. Don't be afraid because God is in you and with you. What are the scriptures you meditate on when you are afraid? Share to encourage someone.






You May Also Like

0 comments