Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

In Response to My critics: If I was an atheist I would believe in science, evolution and the big bang

by - 00:29:00


Last week I wrote a post that sought to present my understanding of  the implications of not believing in the existence of God. I like to believe I highlighted the consequences of not believing in God. Although response to the post has been good, however I keep getting messages from people telling me that my view is polarised and that I’m only looking at one side of the coin. 


Some people seem to imply that  I don’t understand atheists or rather that I’ve not taken my time to look into their beliefs and that perhaps my criticism is not out of love but rather a quest to impose by faith on those who hold contrary beliefs. It is rather out of love that I write on the consequences of buying into the deceit that God doesn’t exist. Let’s say I’ve never seen a car before neither have I seen a phone before and then someone comes to describe such objects to me and what they are used for but in my ignorance I reply that these objects can’t exist. Does this change the fact that they do exist? Of course not, my opinion doesn’t matter! This is because whether I believe or not doesn’t change the existence of phones and cars. 



Google Images

Let me use a story a friend told me some years ago about a barber and his customer. They had an argument about the existence of God. The barber insisted that there was no God. He argued that there was no God because it was not possible for God to exist due to all the evil happening in the world. If there was a God why would he watch children die out of disease, abuse, hunger and poverty? His customer explained to him about sin, the devil and why evil happens and why these tragedies occur in the world but the barber was adamant and wouldn’t accept his explanations. So his customer held his peace and after his hair was done, the barber saw him off. And right outside the barbering shop was a man whose hair was over grown and clearly needed the services of a barber. 
Google Images

So he turned to the barber and said, “I don’t believe there are barbers in this world.” The barber was stunned and replied, “That isn’t true and you know it! I just finished barbering your hair!” “If there are barbers in the world why haven’t they attended to this man? You can see he must have needed a barber years ago and still does but because there are no barbers none has attended to him.” The barber replied that, “No barber has attended to him because he has not sought out for them or gone to see one.” “You mean there are barbers? Then they must be wicked because they don’t care about this man. Just look at him he really needs the services of one.” The barber looked at his customer stunned. He couldn’t simply comprehend what the man was saying. His customer then said “It is the same with God. Things are the way they are because  people have not sought out God. If you seek God you’ll find him.

God does exist and whether you believe in his existence or not doesn’t change that truth! You accuse me for being judgmental but aren't you judging me without understanding where I’m coming from? When you take God out of creation you end up with theories propounded by men. These theories can’t adequately explain our existence and that of the universe. You’ll end up with everyone trying to live how they please because of their rights. America for centuries has been pushing God out of their schools, families, government, institutions and society and God being the gentleman that He is has left them alone. Now what do we see? You only have to put on your TV or go online to understand.

What do you lose when you believe in God? Nothing. But what will you gain by believing in the existence of God? Everything, because you’ll begin to understand that you were purposely created by someone. This means that it doesn’t matter how many people reject you and make you suffer because there is someone who loves you unconditionally. He loves you selflessly and is always working out every pain, every loss, every heart break, every disease and lack for your good. He is willing to restore your life and give you meaning and purpose and healing if only you’ll accept his love for you. Jesus is God’s demonstration to humanity about His selfless love to us. God is love. HE sincerely loves you despite all your flaws. He knows because he formed you. He makes you aware of the enemy whose job it is to steal and kill. Once you accept Him He fills your heart with love and peace. He causes you to love everyone in spite of their flaws or their sins and to live in peace with all.

The world is crying for love and peace and these are what he offers you and more. Do you lose anything by accepting Jesus, the love of God and living in love and peace with all humanity? I believe you don’t. In every man is the innate urge to seek God that is what creates the vacuum in us that most people fill with material things and keeping busy. Jesus loves you and wants to be your best friend, try him out. I tell you you won’t regret it.

You May Also Like

0 comments