Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Assumptions Don't Make Facts

by - 10:26:00



There are times that you feel out of place and unloved. This could be as result of what someone says or your own assumptions but the question is, “Are our feelings always true?” Most times our feelings are based on the false assumptions we make. Our brains love to take charge, interpret and guess at things, however, would we take time to confront situations and the people involved, we would most probably realise that things are not what we assumed they are. Well, I know this is not applicable to all situations and people but I want to encourage you not to base your decisions on assumptions that arise out of misinterpretation of events, comments or body language.


Many great friendships and relationships have been ruined by this. Decide to think positively! What would happen if instead of being angry at a friend who passed you by without saying hello you rather call out to him/her and say hello. It might be that he/she was so lost in thought that he didn’t see you. This reminds me of something I experienced in a bus.

I remember I was returning home from work one night, when the bus was a few meters from my stop, I politely asked the lady sitting next to me to move to an empty seat close to us so that she wouldn’t have to get up when it was time for me to get off. This lady responded angrily to my request, simply because to her I had had a frown on my face throughout the journey. To her this was an indication that I was not a nice person but rather quarrelsome. Yet, if only she had not assumed but asked me she would have known that I had been frowning because minutes before I had received bad news. At that moment I couldn’t understand why or how what I had been informed about happened and was trying to find some answers! See! Had she asked me, she would have saved herself the trouble of being nasty to someone she didn’t even know! 

Things are not always as they seem! Don’t however let this prevent you from recognising it when things start to go bad but don’t let emotions cloud your judgment either!

You May Also Like

0 comments