Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Learning to Drive

by - 16:25:00

I twisted my wrist as a child when I was learning to ride a bike. I don‘t blame my friends who tried their best to teach me. It was so painful that after it had healed I gave up trying to learn how to ride all together. So, unfortunately I cannot ride a bicycle. Everyone in my family can ride and I still get teased by my siblings because I can’t ride.
Google images

Some years ago I decided to learn how to drive. A friend told me she used just two days to learn how to drive and so I was determined to learn it in one! I decided not to go to the driving school but to learn it from a friend first. The very first day we went to the park, he was impressed at how good I was. With his help I even drove us back home that day! But the unexpected happened when I stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake. I hit and broke a wall, the screen of the car got smashed but the airbag saved me from any injuries. 
Google images

I was so shocked because I hadn’t seen that coming! I spent so much money on repairing the car and once again I gave up on learning how to drive just as I did on the bike. For weeks I saw flashes of the crash and got scared. My friends and family comforted me that it was normal to have an accident when learning how to drive and urged me to continue driving but I closed my mind to them.

Now it hit me that I cannot give up on learning something new when I encounter a problem. Difficulties didn’t prevent me from studying in school or meeting my targets at work so why should this be any different? So I have decided to learn how to drive! I hope this helps you pick up that skill you wanted to learn but couldn’t bring yourself to. Let me know how it goes. Learning something new might take time but in the end you’ll sure get to know how to do it. You don't have to give up, there are millions of people just like you who failed the first time they tried to do or learn something new. So go ahead and learn that new skill or go back to all those projects you felt inadequate to handle! Let me know how it goes in the comment section. You can equally share your experience of giving up on a project or skill.

You May Also Like

0 comments