Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

My Blogging Experience : How to Increase Traffic to your Blog

by - 08:00:00

 It's been a little over a year since I started blogging consistently. It's been fun. In this post I want to share with you the little that I've learned from blogging I hope it helps you improve your blog.

1. Content counts but a great title is what will lead people to read it. Great title equals readers and visitors. I titled the very first post I wrote "In a Queue". It had no pictures. After two years it had had just 10 reads! Now it was and still is a great blog post however the title made it unattractive to readers! Who was going to click on such a title? Just last month I decided to re-title it "Dare to Move On"(Link here) and since then it's  been one of the most read posts.  I'm not saying that you should not pay attention to your content but rather pay attention to both your title and content. Great Contents with bad titles will not bring traffic to your blog.

2. Share on as many social media platforms as possible. You can gain a lot of readers from both twitter and Facebook. However per my experience if you're not willing to pay for your Facebook page and posts to be advertised don't expect thousands of reads! Keep in mind that having a Facebook page plus people liking your page doesn't mean that they're reading your posts or the links you post there (hope this is not a bummer). If you've got cash to advertise then it is a great thing to invest in. 

3. Find tweet feeds that will retweet your tweets. More retweets equal a larger audience who will translate into readers. Currently I  tag the following platforms with my posts: @Afrobloggers @TheBloggersPost #BloggersBlast @Wetweetblogs @Global_BlogRT @Bloggingg_Addict @RT_Bloggers @TheBloggersGuideRT and others. There are a lot more handles that will retweet your blog posts.
4. Use hashtags in your tweets. I'm still quite new at this but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon.
5. Join Blogging forums that relate with your blog idea.
6. Have a WhatsApp broadcast so you can send your friends links to your  latest posts easily.
7. Share and tag friends on Facebook. Even if they don't click on your link their friends will!
8. Post a lot of content. I've seen my readership increase over 300% since I started posting twice a week and sometimes thrice.
9. Use bitly.com to shorten, share and track your URLs for each post. It's great help especially with Twitter.

Happy blogging! Try these and let me know how they help. If you have any contributions please share in the comment section. I love to hear from you.

You May Also Like

0 comments