Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Why Are You ANGRY?

by - 11:15:00

Matthew 5:44   But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Last week I got angry with a young man who happened to be the bus  conductor for a bus I had boarded to work. He was so rude and disrespectful. I felt offended and hurt and decided to put him in his place. He hurt me with his words so I decided to do same. I spoke some pretty harsh words to him that I am not proud of. Though he was wrong in being disrespectful I should not have paid evil with evil.

I felt rebuked in my spirit as I alighted from the car. The Lord asked me why I was angry. Indeed I was still angry when I got to work! I searched myself to see why I had gotten so angry. I realised that I was angry because I felt he was younger, and less educated! In my head I was ravening who dare he speak to me like that! Does he know who I am? Imagine such ungodly thoughts! Then the Lord convicted me and I realised I was angry out of pride not necessarily at the situation. I felt superior to him and regarded as less important. I was so shocked when this was pointed out to me. In the end all humans are humans and there is no one superior than the other. We are all equal in the eyes of God.


The Bible entreats to treat our enemies kindly and not repay evil with evil but I did the opposite of that. As a believer we can get trapped by how we react to situations. Anger can cause us to hurt people who are desperately looking for love.  Some may not look the part of needing love but you need to recognise that hurt people hurt others. Next time you're confronted by such a situation take a deep breathe and smile, be nice. This I believe will help break the cycle of hurts. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you can't help it then confront the situation and not the person.
 
Have you had such an experience, that is reacting and then regretting it? Share your experience in the comments.

You May Also Like

0 comments