Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

The Prison called UNFORGIVENESS

by - 13:00:00

Image result for unforgiveness
Google Image

In life a lot of things are going to happen to you. People will mistreat and misjudge you. Your friends will hurt you especially those you really love. It can be really hard to forgive. You might play over and over again in your mind that incident that hurt you. The more you play over that tape the more furious you're going to be. Yes, you have a right to be angry. Scream or cry if you want to but learn to forgive, learn to let go.
 
I recently battled with unforgiveness. I felt I was wronged and I didn't deserve to be treated as I was. I felt it was so unfair for my loyalty and dedication to be thrown back into my face. When you've given up so much for others and they hurt you in return it can crush your world. However I also realised that the more I kept playing over the whole event the more hurt I became. This prevented me from moving on. I was trapped by my refusal to forgive and let go.


Google Image
When I realised that my life had become miserable and I had lost all joy as well as my peace of mind. I decided to do something about it. I prayed and asked God to help me to forgive. It wasn't easy at first but as I continued to pray, every weight of unforgiveness was lifted of. Joy returned to my life.
 
Unforgiveness is a prison you don't want to be in. It kills your joy and turns your world upside down. It hardens your heart and turns you into someone you're not. It would make you an angry person who will also in turn only hurt others. Whenever you don't feel like forgiving those who hurt you remember that God has forgiven you so much. Jesus was the most maltreated and hurt person but He chose to forgive and prayed for His enemies. When Stephen was being stoned, he prayed for the forgiveness of those who were stoning him to death. You see forgiveness in reality is for your own good. Forgiveness sets you free and brings you much joy. You need to forgive and let go for your own good. Set yourself free from bitterness. Unforgiveness is a prison you don’t want to be in. Do you know that unforgiveness and bitterness are the root cause of so many diseases?

I love to hear from you, let me know what you think. Share and tag your friends.

You May Also Like

0 comments