Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

A Plan for My Life

by - 14:00:00


I know someone or should I say I know some people who were smart enough to plan their lives when they were teenagers including myself. I did plan my life and had just the perfect plan.  I knew what University I wanted to attend. I pictured my life on campus. I wanted to go to graduate school after my Bachelors but before that I wanted to be a Teaching Assistant when I graduated. And guess what I did get to be and do all that I had planned. I also planned my career and my whole life generally.



It was great to live my dream, I thought I had my life all figured out and had a fool proof plan. I am a go getter who sticks to her plans and gets annoyed if she has to do something that she hasn’t planned for. I plan my week ahead, if anything unexpected cropped up then I would get very upset. There are people who can no doubt identify with me. It’s amazing how I had thought that I had my whole life figured out. I had even planned my relationships. But I’ve come to know that life isn’t a perfectly written script that goes according to what I’ve written. We can’t always have our way. There are times when life gives us what we really need which might not be what we have dreamed of or for. Sometimes things happen that bring us pain and cause us so much sorrow. Things do happen that we cannot understand and some situations are just beyond our control.




We can’t tell everything that will happen in our lives.  Although you have to plan your life leave room for adjustment, be flexible for I have recognised that rigidity leads only to a life of misery and sorrow. The plan you have for your life now might not be what you really need. Sometimes what you think you need is totally different from what you really need. It is true you need to have a plan for your life but most importantly you need to know God’s plan for your life. His plan for your life is more important than yours. Your life matters to Him. You have a definite purpose and task to perform in His divine purpose. Leave your life in God’s hands and discover your purpose in him and live by it. Allow God to lead and direct your life so that you can live your life to the fullest. For the plans that He has for you are good not for evil. A plan to prosper you and cause you to inherit your inheritance in Christ Jesus.  

Now, don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that if you've not your purpose yet you should sit idle! You need to have goals and a vision for what you want your life to be. Plan towards it by breaking it down so you can easily achieve them. However endeavour to find your purpose in life from God. Just like any manufacturer makes a product to perform a task, He made you to accomplish a specific purpose. As you begin your journey of finding purpose let me know how it goes. If you've already found your purpose share with us how you found it.

You May Also Like

0 comments