Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

All You Need When You're Lonely

by - 08:00:00



There are days that just like everyone else I feel unappreciated and unloved. I feel alone and lonely. Loneliness seeks to drown me in the icy silence of my voice. Loneliness seeks to imprison me in the shackles of self loath. I try to cheer myself up and divert my attention by watching movie after movie and reading my favorite novels but I have to admit that I was just deluding myself.

When loneliness attacks it’s a prelude to depression. Loneliness brings with it dissatisfaction and judgment of oneself, of course the self always comes out as lacking and a failure. Loneliness draws me into myself and prevents me from reaching out to others. Loneliness makes me so aware of my failures and dissatisfaction with my life. Loneliness makes me doubt the call of God upon my life. Loneliness makes me lose my joy and my drive to live and to conquer. Loneliness makes my life seem all but a charade that must be stopped. Loneliness makes everything seem so inconsequential.


Loneliness makes me want to scream or break something just so I can feel alive. Loneliness lies to me and tells me no one loves me. It tells me I’ve got just me. Loneliness makes me feel so alone and so distant from everyone. Loneliness makes me anxious and afraid. It makes me see only the worst.

Even as loneliness seeks to wrap its icy hands around me and pull me deeper into depression and fatigue; Love (Jesus) wraps His arms around me and brightens up my mood. Love cheers me up and replays all those wonderful memories. Love whispers to me words of encouragement. Love lifts me up and gives me hope. Love draws me close to God. Love makes me the centre of His attention. Love is patient and kind to me. Love bears with everything that I do. Love seeks only my good and love hopes and believes in me at all times. Love never fails me. Love is always there to pick me up. Love makes me know that I am worthy and gives me courage. Love fights for me until the very end. Love stays with me until the very end. Love looks out always for my good and strengthens and gives me courage and the will to live. Love makes me who I truly I am. Love makes me see loneliness only as a shadow and not reality. Love is my reality!

You May Also Like

0 comments