Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

It's All in Your Head

by - 08:00:00



I decided to spend this week at home just to rest. The plan was not to do anything serious except blog and pray. Though I still had to do some runs it was a pretty slow week.
 
As I enjoyed my free time this turned into something else. I would wake up feeling bored and all anxious. I looked over my life and started to regret my actions and inaction. It seemed all the sunshine had been nipped out of my life. I became critical and got sucked in deeper into boredom. I was just helpless. I wondered how all joy seemed to have vanished into thin air. I asked myself why I was feeling so hopeless.
 
It was as though what I had needed to be discouraged  was just to take time off. I was drowning in a myriad of emotions and these weren't good emotions. My flaws and short comings were glaringly staring at me in the face. It was as though my life was all a big joke.


Then I read a post on Facebook from Rhapsody of Realities, it didn't tackle what I was going through but after reading it it was as though a light bulb had been switched on in my head! I realised that it was the enemy attacking me by putting discouraging thoughts in my mind. He almost fooled me into thinking that those were my personal thoughts. As he played on my mind my emotions must have responded.

As I came to this realisation I began to rebuke the enemy and denounce his words. I began to confess the truth that is God's words concerning my life. I took charge over the situation and watched amazed as within a few minutes I was lighter, happier and full of life.

If you're going through this kind of thing right now I want you to know that it's all in your head. Take charge of your life and confess God's words over your life. Soak yourself in the Word of God. It's not enough to routinely have your quiet time but also listen to faith centred messages. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the Word of God. You don't need to buy the lies the devil is selling you. Remember it is his full-time job to steal, kill and devour who ever he can but Christ Jesus has come that we have life and have it more abundantly. We have not been given a spirit of fear but of love, power and of a sound mind.

You May Also Like

0 comments